Monday, August 11, 2008

QUOTES

From looking at the quote posted by Ben Franklin, I can infer that it means that no one person should believe anything they hear and to believe half of what you see. The quote in my opinion has a very direct definition. I believe what's stated is what the quote intentionally means. When someone tells you something there is always choice whether to believe it or not. In this case lying is a main factor why people should never believe things they hear. If you can hear, you're skeptical about whether to believe it or not, or more less taken a side to believe what you just heard because you heard it yourself. Well in some cases that isn't always the case. Lying takes a big factor in this and you never know when someones lying, so in truth how can you believe everything you hear if sometimes you're being lied to, your ears can also play tricks on you and things of that sort. Believing everything you hear makes you more vulnerable to believing almost anything that's said and that's not how one should live.

The second part of the quote I believe means that no one person should believe everything they see. Yes having something in plain sight may be very good proof for a lot of things but that doesn't mean theres no lie involved. Eyes are said to play tricks on a person and you can not always rely on your eyes sight to say somethings true. I also feel that this part of the quote means half the things you really see isn't real or half of the things you see isn't what you expected it to be.

In my case this quote refers to me because when someone usually tells me something I'm truly skeptical about it until I'm sure what they said stands corrected. At any given time when someone announces something or states something, I think it's human nature to believe it then on your own choose whether you want to look more into it to see if its true or not. A lot of things you hear now a days is that this is going wrong, thats going wrong, but you cant choose to believe it all because it all may not be true. For example, my mom convinced me we were going to Trinidad, when in truth I really wasn't going to end up going. Now I believe what ever it is that she told me about going but I actually couldn't go. Simple things as such that tell you that you shouldn't listen to everything you hear, things may also change with time. Now I also saw her packing, so that also put extra belief in my mine I'd end up going but again I'm not going to be able to.

T.V is another big example for this quote mainly because everything is advertised on the T.V if its not on the computer. As many people know, you can't always trust T.V. and the things they advertise, it sometimes just isn't worth it. Many people have complained about products bought off T.V due to the price or for any reason but when they get what they wanted, its nothing like they expected. Believing nothing they heard and half of what they saw could of prevented anything bad from happening.

I chose a quote myself by Albert Einstein stating, "Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish." This quote I feel is another quote with a direct definition in itself. I believe this quote means that in the eyes of God, our creator, no one man stands alone as different, intellectually or any other way. To God we are all equally smart and to God we are all equally foolish or in other words, lack the same knowledge as the next person. I chose this quote because I feel this quote refers to many points in life. We are all created the same but never treated equal, we all can be as smart as one another but there will always be flaws or mistakes in everyone so we are all still equal. We all can make wise choice, do wise things, but in the end theres always something "foolish" to be done up our sleeves.

To me I feel this has something to do with the way I act because I for one think there is never going to be or has been any type of equality even though we all came about the same way. In many aspects you can only see the physical difference of people. So what makes everyone not get treated equally, certain things about our life or ourselves we can't change? Again, "Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish".

No comments: