Monday, August 11, 2008

SELF ASSESSMENT

Last blog of this class and I feel I've learned a lot more than expected. my experience with the blogs were some what good and bad. The good parts were obviously when it was a blog I would enjoy more than another and when I learned something new that I didn't know before hand. I've actually never done many blogs but it was a good experience and I did like expressing my opinions on some of the topics. As far as how many I did I'm truly not sure. There were times I couldn't make it to class for whatever reason, so that kind of left me backed up. One of my very first blogs, "Habits Of Mine" and one of my favorites at that, was a very interesting article and taught me somethings I never would of thought to learn about the human mind. I personally like the topic or the whole psychology towards finding out how intelligent people think when confronted with problems that they don't know the answer to right away. It was a article I'd recommend many people read.

What I didn't like about the blog post was actually having to do them and not understand the blog. I had the hardest time understanding the article by Montaigne about why liars lie and what makes a good liar. I also didn't like that all we did was blogs. It got very boring. I did like the fact I could express my opinion without another opinion being heard and that I could interpret the blogs how I wanted to whether right or wrong. As I said before I learned a lot from the blogs about things I didn't know and I really liked that. Another thing I dislike was some of the topics chose for the blogs, too political and not much of it was something I wanted to write about. However, I did enjoy the whole process of making the blogs because it was a first time experience.

Im mostly proud of just being able to finish what blogs I did, not proud of any specific blog I personally feel I did exceptionally well on the Montaigne's Essay On Liars due to the fact I barely understood any of the reading but was still able to interpret it well enough in an essay to get my point across and tell what I understood from the reading. The blog I feel I could of done a lot more for and on was the Habits of Mine. I feel this way because I was truly interested in that article but didn't get to finish. i felt a lot more effort and work could of been put into it for a better piece of work.

Based on my assignments and my absences I do feel I passed but just by a hair. I'm sure many people in this class probably did all their work and I've only manage to accomplish some but I did have excusable reasons to miss school and I think I made a great effort to make up as much work as I could. I believe I should pass based on my showing up instead of just not coming constantly and showing some type of devotion to my work when I am in class. For a grade I personally feel a 70 or 75 would be justifiable, I do not expect to fail but if I do it's understood I guess.

What I plan on doing with this blog is finishing it, then posting it to let everyone know how I feel towards the class, my work, and what I think I deserved as a grade in the class for based on my work and efforts to complete what I could. I'm actually very happy about this blog, and many others. I think I did a good share of work, a lot more than usual, made a consistent appearance when I could and I feel I got a lot out of being in this class. I'm proud to say I made it through summer school and I'll be back to finish up in September hopefully with 2 fewer credits to earn.

No comments: